Airplay / Airplay 2 dropping connection, stops or crackles
This issue is due to WiFi connection between iOS device and router/AP
There are a number of things this could be, please try in the order below:
1. Background apps
- Close down any background apps or services that may be using the devices power
2. Low Power mode activated
- Disable low power mode as this shall cause issues
- If the iOS device power is less than 10% suggest recharge battery and retry
3. Restart iOS device
- The most popular fix is to do a complete reboot of your iOS device, as this wipes any cache and restarts all the services
4. Disable Bluetooth settings:
- Open Settings
- Select Bluetooth
- Toggle Bluetooth to “Off”
5.Check the below basic router settings and restart the router to clear cache memory
- SSID: Set to “Any Unique Name”
- Hidden Network: Disabled
- MAC Address Restriction: Disabled
- Security: WPA2 Personal (AES)
- 2.4GHz Mode: Set to 802.11b/g/n
- 2.4GHz Channel Width: Set to 20 MHz
- 5GHz Mode: Set to 802.11a/n
- 5GHZ Channel Width: 802.11n: Set to 20 MHz and 40 MHz / 802.11ac: Set to 20 MHz, 40 MHz, and 80 MHz
- Channel: Set to Auto
- DHCP: Set to Enabled, if it’s the only DHCP server on your network
- NAT: Set to Enabled, if it’s the only router providing NAT services on your network
- WMM: Set to Enabled
Now and again Apple release updates that can cause issues, please follow the above common fixes
Playing via Airplay dropping out or buffering
To improve Airplay performance we recommend the following to try: Close down all behind the scenes apps on your iOS device Restart your device full reboot Turn off Bluetooth Ensure your device is charged to above 30% power Ensure device ...
Checking for WiFi signal strength
One of the key points about using WiFi speakers is you need a good signal to enable lossless music Otherwise, the system shall behave erratically and drop, stop, jump, crackle, etc... At each speaker, if you have a WiFi signal strength app or Wifi ...
How does Airplay 2 work?
With our All-in-one Wi-Fi speaker, you have the ability to use Airplay 2 to group all the speakers together. What is Airplay 2? The latest software updates for Apple products will include Airplay 2, which allows you to group your devices together ...
Why does my Bluetooth connection keep disconnecting?
There are a number of reasons why the Bluetooth connection is disconnecting her are the most common: interference from other devices within 2.4GHz or 5 GHz band. Such as Microwaves, cameras.LCD displays, WiFi, and other Bluetooth devices. Too many ...
WiFi music sources dropping / firmware not updating router fix.
If you find that your speaker is unable to update to the latest firmware, or music sources are stopping intermittently this may be due to a protocol on your home router stopping this from happening. To get to this setting you need to access the back ...